Lancelot's Take

Monday, October 17, 2005

PUJO!!!!

ITS THAT TIME OF THE YEAR AGAIN!!!!!!!! PUJOOOOOOOOO!!!!

And it just keeps getting better with every passing year. This year's must rank right behind the pujo in my first year, and thats only because nothing can compete with that year.

The para pujo, Jodhpur Park, just keeps getting bigger and bigger. This year it was covered by Zee Bangla for all the four pujo days. The crowds were mammoth and I hardly felt like venturing into them again. And missed the ashtami anjali again after promising myself that this year I would not, come what may.

Sasthi was spent with some of my pujo shopping since I had returned on choturthi from kgp, and that evening and the next day were spent calling up friends, and meeting a couple.

It did not hurt that the guy who cooks at home chose to go to his native Orissa this pujo and, as a result, dined out with my parents everyday(!!!!) except when there was an invitation from a relative or a family friend or a school friend. That way, I have just realized, you save a lot of money as well.

Saptami was spent with friends, catching up on stuff, some time with kgp ppl discussing stuff, and sometime with my girlfriend.

Ashtami found a frust me turning up at Maddox, another broken resolution here- for I had promised not to enter the human sheep-pen that that place transforms itself into at this time of the year. Frust coz my gf's mom had decided to take her shopping on ashtami of all days, god-knows-why. Friends grinned ear-to-ear pointing out, as though they knew it all along, that this was what would come of having a non-bengali gf. Met a lot of school ppl there though, whom I see there only, if at all, in the entire year. Had to have dinner at The Chinese Pavilion that night coz everything else was so jam-packed.

Nabami, I had a lunch invitation, and it was the only day I ventured out in the early afternoon. The heat was awful. Lunch was at the Senator in Camac Street, and pretty good it was too. Unfortunately, the friend who took me out had some misunderstanding with his girlfriend immediately afterward and, as a result, we disbanded pretty soon, the pall of melancholy hanging heavy over us. The heat of the afternoon alternated with the AC had given me quite a headache, and I took the rest of the evening off at home watching TV-my parents had gone out, and werent expecting me back that early. They were SURPRISED when they returned at 8 and found me back already.

Oh btw, SHUBHO BIJOYA to all.

Dashami and subsequent days were spent visiting relatives. Sadly its back to kgp again, and the headache has already returned!!!

5 Comments:

  • At 6:50 PM, Blogger Acroyali said…

    i envy the eating out everyday bit. but saala u might as well shut up, ur object of interest is atleast in the same city as u are in!!

     
  • At 10:53 AM, Blogger jaded said…

    non-bong????intersting!
    and pujo has gone away again...sniff sniff.

     
  • At 9:00 PM, Blogger Lancelot said…

    acroyali: so does everybody...envy the eating out i mean... and if u rembr for a painfully long time wat u say abt the obj of interest wasnt true!!!

    jaded: wats interesting n y??

     
  • At 12:58 PM, Blogger babelfish said…

    pujo shesh hoye gechhe, how sad!!! But you seem to have had a lot of fun :D

     
  • At 6:38 PM, Blogger Prerona said…

    shubho bijoya to you too! nice reading ur account ... makes me miss home more! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home