Lancelot's Take

Saturday, September 23, 2006

"No saaar, not like that..."

.
I have spoken so many times in this blog of life going around in cycles. Of how things come to their logical conclusions. Maybe, fitting is a better adjective there. Whatever. It seems to me now that this blog has come the proverbial full circle. When I started off last year with little readership, the purpose was to write as a form of catharsis at a difficult point in my life. Somewhere, it lost that purpose. Now, as I feel like posting again, I realize that, as a result of not having posted for quite a while, the blog has lost the readers!!! And this time round, I am not sure if I am unhappy. I can write for only myself again. It can be whatever I want it to be.

Went trying to learn a bike today ;) Much obliged to Dutta for taking the time (don't tell him or he'll gloat over it all the time now!!!). Was struck by the strange futility of things. Of how we often want something and end up with quite something else. Of how something has a purpose to start off and takes on a new dimension altogether.

Of how generalizing is not as fallacious as everyone seems to think it is. Time after time when I have heard from people debating completely different issues about how dangerous it can be. The logic I understand everytime, but somehow its a precept that has never been borne out in practice. Almost unerringly, the generalization holds. So as to render their complement set the exceptions. People poles apart in terms of background, perspective, ideology and ambition bear out all the theories ever proposed, and also claim that they are exceptions.

All our views, I think, get moulded by circumstance, the company we keep and the incidents we witness. This is what builds our basic credo. Then something happens. We choose to think otherwise. That we may not be right altogether. We let ourselves believe that there is enough credibility in the counter arguments. And choose that path. It does not work. I am yet to figure out if that is because, at some level, our basic beliefs are so deeply rooted that we cannot shake them off so easily or whether its just that there is nothing that describes us completely.

Bottomline: Its a lot simpler if you stick to what you believe in. I pledge that to myself!!!

******************************************************

Mr. Adhikary passed away yesterday. I read it on the DBPC community and it was a huge shock. His standard lines were amazing and the "Chullu Sir" community made for hilarious reading. I have shown it to a lot of my friends in Kgp and it has, by and large, been thoroughly enjoyed. We, and the school, shall miss him thoroughly.

******************************************************

Was discussing today of how sitcom-ish our life is with a friend. The one-liners, the perfect expressions to go with them and the booze to get you in the right mood- all 3 flow. With ease. Between friends sharing the same life, and the camaraderie. Legs are mercilessly pulled, a fleeting image drawn into an entire cartoon strip, dreams dreamt, plans made, songs sung. Another 8-10 months to go. The countdown hasnt begun yet. It will probably start sinking in when the jobs start to come in, the schols start to be granted, and the final phase of treats begin. Four years just sneaked past.

For the moment though, theres just one question to be asked: Wheres the party tonight??

5 Comments:

  • At 6:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    on the dance floor?

     
  • At 6:47 PM, Blogger Rashmi Patel said…

    where are you nowadays.. i mean in which part of the world? :)

     
  • At 7:43 PM, Blogger Rashmi Patel said…

    hey ..ya still drop by some times..my venture is doin good ..actually just pickign up a bit ...rented office space in blore ..but frankly still to find my passion ..anyways that process goes on ...i feel good for myself when i look at half-dead-myopic-code-coolies around here in blore ... keep in touch ..keep dropping by

     
  • At 3:26 PM, Blogger Casablanca said…

    Long time since I came here!

    So, college life coming to an end, eh :)

     
  • At 10:32 AM, Blogger Subin said…

    Well written! Short sentences....penetrating words.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home