Lancelot's Take

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The wasteland...

"I feel it in my fingers,
I feel it in my toes,
Love is all around me,
And so the feeling grows..."
- Love, Actually

Its almost Christmas, I still keep shuttling between Kgp and Cal, the winters beautiful, my health's almost right again now and work a lot more peaceful. The lines keep humming in my ears. Liberating. Enslaving. Stuck in a moment. Enraptured. Scarred. For life.

"Let's start a brand new story..."
I did. Agatha Christie's "Murder on the Links". Bought at Wheeler at Howrah while waiting for Sri Jagannath Express to take me to Kharagpur. Dont know why. Just felt like those trips we used to take with a couple of books bought at the station. Just felt like it again. Chap didnt have a couple of books I wanted. So stuck with this. Maybe I am too old to read Poirot still. Nonetheless, I enjoyed it. Maybe, I am a kid. [:(] [:(] [:(] [:(]

4 Comments:

  • At 9:02 PM, Blogger Rashmi Patel said…

    so how was xmas? Wish you a great 2007

     
  • At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Actually that song is by Wet Wet Wet in the movie '4 weddings and a funeral'. The 'Love Actually' version was a more grating one with 'Christmas is all around me.."

    Sorry to be such a nit-picker but that song (both versions) has an annoying feel to it, don't you think?

    On that cribby note, merry Christmas and a happy new year!

     
  • At 5:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    100% positive. I've a DVD of Love, Actually and the opening shot of that ageing rockstar shows him cringing at the remake of the song. His version goes...

    "I feel it in my fingers, I feel it in my toes.
    Christmas is all around me and so the feeling grows...
    ...so if you really love Christmas,
    come out and let it snow."

    His facial expressions are to die for!

     
  • At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awww pore thang. But ur in a lab where u can surf the net! Hang in there....I'm leaving. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home