Lancelot's Take

Friday, August 10, 2007

Pirate in Pittsburgh

Have named self after the Pittsburgh baseball team, which, as it turns out, is quite terrible! But they got me hooked to baseball nonetheless. After a match in PNC park against the Astros which the Pirates, as is their wont, lost. But somehow, I just love rooting for the underdog, and they dont come much more un derdog than the Pirates.

Spent an incredible 15 minutes in the walkway connecting Wean and Newell Simon Hall. It was raining tigers and lions out there. All I had was my cell camera, which was not nearly good enough to capture the moment. Sheets of rain blew past, acting as a sort of automatic wiper for the glass i was looking out through. It was 3:15 in the afternoon, which is about when the sun is at its worst. It was pitch dark outside, lighted only by street lamps, and the array of windows that the departments of CMU constitute. The most romantic moment in Pittsburgh so far, which is not saying very much for my social life :) But then it never does!

Had an interesting experience at Subway. I find the stuff too un-spicy. Hence, asked the guy to fix me a footlong that had extra extra hot peppers and hot mustard sauce. Chap stared round-eyed, then gave me one hot pepper with some hot mustard to taste. I said that it was good. He stared some more, then offered a deal: if I could eat a bowl of hot peppers with hot mustard sauce, he would give me the footlong free. That was how I had my free dinner that day :-)

Work's coming along nicely so far. It can be fun, something I never realized while in Kharagpur. Its great to be on your own, and responsible totally for yourself. Classes start in a couple of weeks, but before that is a continental breakfast. Actually, a few of them. I think I shall like this place!

I love my room. Its the awesomest. I think I shall sign off every post with this line!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:03 AM, Blogger Bridget Jones said…

    hadn't heard the end of the Subway story - quite a good end I must say :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home